Like many other food bloggers, I am participating in Chez Pim’s third annual Menu for Hope program, a fundraising effort for the United Nations World Food Programme. Across the globe, food bloggers are donating products, services or even themselves for your bidding pleasure. Last year, this effort raised over $17,000 for UNICEF’s support for those affected by the massive earthquake in Northern India and Pakistan.
We West Coast bloggers are being rounded up by the always fabulous Sam of Becks & Posh. Yes, there are so many bloggers offering up wondrous and covetable wares, they have to be corralled by region. What can I say, we food bloggers are givers.
Each $10 donation gets you one raffle ticket for the prize of your choice. And there are oh, so many awesome prizes to vie for.
For our contribution to this wonderful program, I offer you:
The book that spawned yet another food blog!
Prior to launching Hedonia, Sean Timberlake and DPaul Brown created a
cookbook of the dishes they just love and love to share. In this
full-color compendium, you get dozens of kitchen-tested recipes, all
actually consumed by
unwitting guinea pigs guests to rave reviews.
Each dish is lushly written and photographed by the lushes themselves, and is
peppered with tidbits of wit and wisdom. This book is not available in
stores! The winning bidder will receive an autographed copy.
BONUS: We will also throw in one 8×10 print of any image from the book. Stay tuned for excerpts to be posted over the next few days.
You know you want it. Here’s how you can try and get it:
- Go to the donation page at First Giving.
- Make a donation. Each $10 will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize(s) you’d like in the "Personal Message" section in the donation form when confirming your donation. If you are purchasing more than one ticket, be sure to specify how many tickets per prize, using the prize code. The code for Cookin’ at the Castello is UW26.
- If your company matches your charitable donations, please remember to check the box and fill in the information so we can claim the corporate match.
- Please also check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email will not be shared with anyone.
- Check back on Chez Pim on January 15 when we announce the results of the raffle.
Remember — that code number is UW26.
Please help us raise a lot of money for this very worthy cause. Bid early, bid often, bid lots of dough.