- 1/2 pork belly, skin off/rindless
- 2 c. salt
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp clove
- 2 tsp crushed chiles
- 1/2 tsp pink salt (aka curing salt, optional)
- 1 head fresh garlic
- 3 Tbsp thyme
- 3 Tbsp rosemary
- 3 Tbsp sage
- Find a quality pork belly from your local butcher shop or farmers market.
- Mix the salt and spices.
- Chop herbs roughly.
- Smash garlic cloves with a side of a knife.
- Roll out plastic wrap so that it can completely surround pork belly when folded over and lay down belly on it.
- Rub salt/spice blend liberally over pork belly.
- Rub belly with fresh herbs and garlic.
- Wrap pork belly with plastic wrap, then double wrap it.
- Let sit in refrigerator on a dish for 10 days, flipping it every other day.